AMIT have been supplying NSWP with Panasonic Toughbooks for their Mobile Data Terminals that are installed in-vehicle since 2008. NSWP have over 1600 Panasonic Toughbooks installed in-vehicle which operates the mobile cad application, Automatic Number Plate Recognition Cameras and provide instant access to offices of people of interest in the field instantly.
All hardware supplied is covered by a 4 years on-site replacement warranty. Refreshed devices are also decommissioned and recycled as per NSW Government standards. Online asset record of all devices are available instantly on-line to assist NSWP to manage the assets of all deployed units.
AMIT also provides customised in-vehicle mounting solution which met and exceeded NSWP’s requirement. We also assisted NSWP to acquire ADR compliance on all supplied in-vehicle solutions.
Advanced Mobile IT has assisted NSWP deployed projects such as:
– Mobile Cad 2 Replacement Project:
– AMIT deployed over 1000 CF-19 Toughbook’s for NSWP’s new Mobile Cad 2 project over a 4 month period. AMIT pre-configured and warehoused over 1000 CF- 19 Toughbook’s for NSWP while attending over 55 police stations spread throughout the state, swapping out Toughbook’s and fitting each police vehicle with a GPS receiver and shutdown timer.
– CF-18 Battery replacement Project:
– At the request of NSWP mobile systems support group. AMIT co-ordinated the replacement of over 400 CF-18 batteries throughout the state and ensured the old batteries were returned to AMIT for safe disposal.
– In-vehicle solutions design:
– AMIT currently works with NSWP fleet department to design and develop mounting solutions for NSWP mobile computing equipment, light bar/siren controls and torch plates. Once the design is signed off by NSWP fleet department, AMIT acquires Type ADR approval for NSWP.